Editorial Submission Guidelines
If you would like to contribute editorial content to Friends of Africa Magazine, please use the form provided below to submit your story using the following guidelines:
- Acceptable story topics include wildlife, environmental, human interest, travel, fashion, lifestyle, leisure, adventure, sports, philanthropy, causes, and culture pertaining to Africa.
- Friends of Africa International will not consider publishing stories that have a political, religious or commercial (advertorial) bias.
- All editorial content must be submitted in MSWord, Pages or PDF.
- Please include all proposed images as thumbnails embedded within the document.
- Please include all photo credits and contributor by lines.
- Stories can be any length up to 3,000 words.
- Photo journals are welcome.
- Proof of copyright ownership or permissions must be available upon request and provided to FOAI upon acceptance of story and images.
- Proof of permission to feature likeness of individuals must be available upon request.
- All stories and image submissions are subject to editorial review and revision.
- Editorial contributions are deemed in-kind donations to Friends of Africa International. Authors must cover their own expenses associated with story submissions.
Please use the following form to submit your story/images.
Thank you for your submission. We will contact you if your story is selected. In the event your story is selected for publication, images that accompany your story must be available in high resolution (at least 300 dpi at 8.5″ x 11″). Acceptable file formats include PDF, JPG, TIFF, PSD, and PNG (web only).